2021 brought a boom in the cryptocurrency sector. Now, Bitcoin and many other cryptocurrencies found their footing. 2021 is about to come to an end, so what cryptocurrencies will look like in the next year? Let’s take a look at 7 crypto predictions provided by the General Partner at Race Capital – Edith Yeung and Emily Chang Bloomberg TV.
1. Web 3/Crypto funding will double to $20-30 billion in 2022
2. Crypto market cap will reach $5 trillion
3. Bitcoin price will come down 30% before climbing back to the $100,000 level by the end of 2022
4. Defi’s total value locked (TVL) will reach $500 billion from $100 billion in 2021
5. More GPs will follow Sequoia and a16z’s footsteps and registering as RIAs
6. China will turn around support and embrace Bitcoin mining again
7. Jamie Dimon will turn around and publicly support crypto space and start providing crypto custody solutions for JPMorgan Chase & Co. clients.
What do you think about the future of cryptocurrencies? If you guys have any ideas, please share them with us!
Source: Edith Yeung – General Partner at Race Capital